About Tim Spencer
Tim Spencer serves as Executive Pastor at First West in Northeast Louisiana. He previously served on the Senior Team at Collierville First Baptist Church outside Memphis, TN and as Adjunct Instructor of Organizational Leadership & Communication at Union University in Germantown, TN. He has led churches—large and small, innovative and traditional—for more than 20 years.
Tim is married to Suzy Hamrick of Livingston, Alabama. Together they have three children—William, Daniel and Katie. Tim’s hobbies include home projects, classic movies, American history and basketball.
- M.A. in Communication/Educational Ministry from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- M.A. in Public Policy/Government from Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- B.A. in History and Music from Union University, Jackson, Tennessee
- Executive Pastor at First West, West Monroe, Louisiana, 8/2015 – present
- Executive Pastor—Ministries at Collierville First Baptist Church, Collierville, Tennessee, 9/2012 – 7/2015
- Adjunct Instructor of Organizatonal Leadership & Communication at Union University, Jackson, Tennessee, 12/2005 – 7/2015
- Associate Pastor of Worship at Collierville First Baptist Church, Collierville, Tennessee, 6/2000 – 9/2012
- Arts & Media/Administration Pastor at NorthShore Church, Flower Mound, Texas, 9/1996 – 6/2000
- Adjunct Instructor of Communication Arts at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, 8/1998 – 5/2000
- Celebration Arts Pastor at Twin Cities Community Church, Grass Valley, California, 6/1995 – 5/1996
- Minister of Music & Worship at Deer Park Baptist Church, Newport News, Virginia, 4/1991 – 6/1995