The 4 Disciplines of Execution (4DX) is a simple, repeatable, and proven formula for executing on your most important strategic priorities in the midst of the whirlwind. 4DX includes:
- Discipline #1 – Focus on the wildly important
- Discipline #2 – Act on the lead measure.
- Discipline #3 – Create a compelling scoreboard.
- Discipline #4 – Create a cadence of accountability.
Every goal needs a measuring stick, but not just any measuring stick. Placing your focus on the right measure is one of the most important things you can do to improve execution.
What’s the difference between lead and lag measures? Here’s a quick definition:
- Lead Measure – Something that leads to the goal
- Lag Measure – Something that measures the goal
The key idea is to take weekly stock of several lead measures, then show the lag measure they impact.
Over time, positive movement in the lead measures should impact the lag measure (attendance, participation, etc.) in the right direction.
Take a look at some lead and lag ministry measure examples:
- Lead Measure – Invite Cards Distributed
- Lag Measure – Worship Attendance
- Lead Measure – New Groups Started
- Lag Measure – Groups Attendance
- Lead Measure – New People Mobilized
- Lag Measure – Missions Participation
- Lead Measure – Gospel Conversations
- Lag Measure – Baptisms