Stimulate summer giving with a short initiative highlighting summer ministries. Summer giving emphases have several purposes:
- Highlight the impact of upcoming summer ministry.
- Enhance stewardship education and participation.
- Provide a next step opportunity for first-time givers.
- Offer high capacity givers an opportunity to give a special offering.
- Raise money for the general budget or one fund.
Summer giving campaigns come in two forms. A limited initiative highlights key ministry opportunities with an estimate of total cost and gospel impact. A broader emphasis outlines the total budget impact of the summer months with the goal of fully funding that work.
A few ideas for summer giving initiatives include the following:
- Begin a summer giving emphasis in April or May.
- Create a promotional flyer and distribute it widely.
- Provide regular giving updates throughout the summer.
- Tell summer stories about life change and gospel impact.
- Highlight important summer outreach, missions and next generation ministry opportunities.
- Verbalize the “why” behind summer events.
[click on a thumbnail to begin a slide show or view an image or video at full resolution]